Celebrate the wonders of winter at the EcoTarium this December! Join us for indoor sock skating, winter crafts, cocoa and cookies, and cozy winter tales. While you're here, learn about animals in winter, the science of snow, and discover the seasonal sky in the planetarium.
The museum will open exclusively for members at 10 a.m. on Sundays December 2 and 9 during Wild About Winter to enjoy the grounds before we open to the general public. Members scroll down for your exclusive partner event!
$8 non-members plus general admission
$6 for members plus general admission
Ticket includes event activities and special planetarium show. Customers must purchase general admission in addition to the event ticket price; coupons, passes, and memberships are accepted toward general admission costs.
Saturday, December 8
Sunday, December 9
Frosty Footprints (All sold out)
Members are invited to visit the EcoTarium early to meet and paint with an animal. One of our animal artists will demonstrate their painting skills and then you will be given your own canvas so you can paint along. This event will take place on Sundays December 2 and 9 at 10:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
Wild About Winter Activities & Schedule
Saturdays: 10 a.m.- 4 p.m
Sundays: 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Sock Skating—Wear cozy socks to slide and glide in the warm indoors. Our slippery surface will let you twirl and spin without getting chilly!
Crafts—From snowflakes to snowmen, with options for toddlers to teens, make something inspired by the season to take home with you!
Story Time—Hear different stories throughout the day, all inspired by animals and people in the winter. One story each day will feature a live animal.
Warm up with cookies and cocoa!
Planetarium Show: Wintry Worlds
Think planet earth gets cold? Try building a snowman on Mars! Join us as we rocket through space and visit some of the chilliest places in the universe. Have fun flinging frosty comets, then zoom light years away to warm your hands on a famous winter constellation.
Saturday showtimes: 11:00, 11:30, 1:15, 1:45, and 2:15 and 2:45.
Sunday showtimes:12:30, 1:45, 2:15, and 2:45. *special members-only viewing 11:45 a.m. *
- Winter Homes: Saturdays at 11:00; Sundays at 1:30
- Learn where to find a safe winter home, whether you’re a deer, frog, human, or dog! Exercise your memory and imagination with some simple shelter games.
- Snowflake Investigations: Saturdays at 1:30; Sundays at 2:30
- How are snowflakes made? Are all snowflakes really unique? Get up close and personal with these beautiful water crystals and learn about some different types of snowflakes.
- Animals in Winter: Saturdays at 2:30; Sundays at 3:30
- Some animals migrate, some hibernate, and others embrace the cold winter! Come meet a live animal and learn about their adaptations for winter survival.